Apparently I'm supposed to start by sharing a funny photo of myself. So, I thought it would be appropriate to share a picture of myself from university, showing what I did best -
1. It's back to school time! Are YOU going back to school?
Not any time soon. Three years ago I found out that I was accepted for a PhD program on the same day that I was offered a job that I really wanted. I accepted both with the intention of trying out the job for a few months (this was in May) and making a decision before the start of the program (in September). Kris and I were also ready to start a family and so decided that if we got pregnant before September, I'd withdraw my acceptance. And yeah, so that happened....
I don't think my academic career is over though and a PhD is likely in my future at some point. Probably when I'm 65 and can get free tuition...
2. Speaking of back to school.....You receive 10 pts. if you can name this movie: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes we wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."
No idea. Did I just fail a test?
3. Who did you hang out with in school? Cool kids, jocks, nerds, were you a loner, etc. (all our welcome here - btw)
In elementary school, I was pretty shy and had a tendency to stick with one or two really close friends. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but my elementary school was very un-Breakfast Club. There was no jock or princess or bad-ass - at least I don't remember it that way. High school was different, of course. Everyone stuck to their little group, including me - with the snowboard/skater kids.
4. What was your favourite subject in school?
In elementary and high school, it definitely would have been English. In university, qualitative methods (nerd alert!).
5. (I've asked this question before, but it was awhile ago) If you had to go back and redo one of the following, which would you choose and why? Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School, College?
I'd go back and do university all over again. I loved it all - the classes, the work, the friends, the studying - everything.
6. Home/Packed Lunch or School Lunch?
I bought my high school lunches, which meant a diet of french fries and gravy for about five years (man, I miss teenage metabolism!). Now I'm trying to make up for it with Kale by packing him the best luches ever.
7. What's more exciting? The first day of school or the last day of school?
Definitely last day. There's too many nerves that come with the first day. Worrying if your back to school clothes are cool enough and whether or not you can find your next class. But by the last day you're riding high on achievement (you did it! Another year!) and ready to party.
YOUR TURN! If you linked up, let me know so I can come