I actually don't feel like we've been at home much this summer. During the week, 'home' doesn't feel like much for than a landing pad to eat dinner and sleep, which is all that there is time for after we get home from work. On the weekends we've been taking little trips or spending as much time as possible outdoors. However, we're home this weekend and it feels good so this is perfect question to think about.
Of course, Kale and I like doing pretty much the same stuff at home, so I'm sharing what "we" like to do at home. The big difference between us though, is that Kale likes to do it all naked. Oh, to be two and completely unaware....
fan of the cleaning.
2. Bike Rides! Ok, technically this doesn't happen at home, but we have to be at home to get on our bikes (that counts, right?). This hasn't been the best summer for biking because it's just been way too hot, so I'm looking forward to some cooler temperatures in the fall so we can cruise the neighbourhood and hit up some parks (we live on the edge around here). Kale is the best bike riding buddy in town.
3. Blogging. Kale isn't much help with the writing aspect of blogging, but he does pose for an awful lot of pictures and does a pretty good job of feeding me material. I usually hop on my computer to work on my posts and catch up on my blog reading after putting Kale to bed.
4. Hang out with my boys. My friend Michelle told me that she told her husband that they need to start hanging out more as a family of three (with their little daughter Audrey) like Kris, Kale and I do. It's true. We spend a lot of our "spare" time together. Since we both work out of the home full-time, we both want to spend as much time with Kale as possible. We see Kris's family quite a bit because they live close by and we take some weekends to see my family, but for most part, it's just the three of us.
5. Eat/Cook. I enjoy cooking, but during the week the whole cooking and eating process can feel pretty rushed. The weekends are normally the only chance to take my time with cooking and make something I wouldn't attempt during the week. However, like I said, we haven't been home on weekends much. We are, of course, doing our fair share of eating still. Especially Kale. We are in so much trouble when this kid is a teenager.
6. Watching tv. After ploughing through Downton Abbey, Mad Men, and Girls this year, Kris and I are getting into The Newsroom. I struggled to get into at first, but last night we watched episode 3 and I think I'm hooked. Kale doesn't do a whole lot of TV watching - mostly just in the morning while I'm getting ready for work. For awhile he was obsessed with Pingu, but now it's Little Princess or bust.
Now it's your turn - tell me what you like doing at home. Better yet, link-up your own post!